I just graduated from the Institute for the Psychology of Eating's 8 Month Certified Coaching Program! Here are the Top 10 things I learned...Enjoy!
1. *Relax Into Uncertainty* is everything. With every breath, over and over and over again.
2. Emotional Stress cultivates metabolic stress. How can we downshift stressors in our life?
3. If you can't slow down eating, how can you slow down your life? (sigh) (deep breath) (smile)
4. Self-Love is the secret of Happiness. Honor your journey with compassion and curiosity and allow the love to grow beyond yourself.
5. We are in a global crisis of hyper-masculinization. We need to more fully embrace the feminine in politics, nutrition, media, academia, etc...
6. Digestive Health = Immune Health (80%+ of Serotonin is produced where? ;) Yes your gut.)
7. Our eating/image/health challenges are DOORWAYS and INVITATIONS to look at our lives more deeply, to pay attention, to LEARN, and to respond to life in a NEW way. (Have compassion and mercy!)
8. We are all on the 'Hero's Journey.' We are all discovering ourselves more deeply through our suffering, and we learn so much from the archetypes of Masculine, Feminine, Death, Ecstasy, Infinity, Beauty, God _/\_
9. *Authentic* relating fosters intimacy. Intimacy is the SECRET SAUCE of connection, love, sex, and JOY! :D
10. Marc David is a genius ;) A pioneer. A beautiful soul <3
What do you think?? What's your top 10?
All the best,